Tuesday, January 1, 2013

On Every Street

I'm supposed to be packing for our trip and we were supposed to have left oh, an hour ago.
Instead, as I email my friend H., I am in pajamas (I know--a common theme lately) and emailing friends, posting photos on Facebook, texting people, and listening to the same Dire Straits song (On Every Street) on repeat. Mike's asleep. Hell, it's new years' day. A time to forgive yourself, to maybe repent a bit (so much champagne, so little time)..

H talked about the 'karma bank' in her email to me today.

I love this concept. Deposits in the karma bank. Maybe that will be my only resolution for this new year, this lucky 13.

Not much else to say on this quiet day. Mike and I rang in the new year on the street, walking after we had dinner with friends. It was a festive atmosphere, happy (drunk) people everywhere.
We're leaving for our road trip today.
My goal is to do a post-a-day for January and maybe beyond. Hell, my goal is to write a book but how does one start this endeavour? I'm going to think about this as I ease back into running this month too.
Whatever your goals are, whatever your resolutions might be, I wish you a happy, peaceful 2013.
Remember who you are always.  That's what I'm going to focus on.  This street sign that we traipsed by last night on our way to dinner was a good reminder for me.
In the wise words of my friend L:
"Don't let their lies become your truth."
Words to live by.





"There's gotta be a record of you someplace,
somewhere your fingerprints remain concrete....and it's your face I'm looking for...
on every street..."


No comments:

Post a Comment