Friday, January 18, 2013

For Friday


Just this...

http://carolesbooktalk.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/a-satisfying-clarity-lydia-davis/

This poem melts me and I plan on finding Lydia Davis' beautiful book. (On that note, I spent a long hour with the Toronto Public Library website last night trying to get my Kindle all set up with library access. Guess what? No Kindle compatibility in Canada. What!? WHAT!?).

Head, Heart

Heart weeps
Head tries to help heart.
Head tells heart how it is, again:
You will lose the ones you love. They will all go. But even the earth
will go, someday.
Heart feels better then.
But the words of head do not remain long in the ears of heart.
Heart is so new to this.
I want them back, says heart.
Head is all heart has.
Help, head. Help heart.

from The Collected Stories of Lydia Davis




 
 

Happy Friday....here's to lots of sun-shiney thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment