Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hiatus?

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Such was the quote I read in The Circle of Quiet last night, winding down at the end of my day.

I read with interest when people (other bloggers, etc., what have you) decide to unplug and free-fall head-on into their lives.

I've thought about it. I'm not gonna lie. Especially after the debacle of last month with my friend, who, subsequently, wrote a very unflattering post about yours truly afterward. I didn't comment on it. Or text her furiously to take it down citing 'my privacy'. I also didn't point out to this same friend that she will happily tell strangers in line-ups at stores her entire life story--it just seemed kind of beside the point.
Because as much as her post was a slap-back, it didn't bother me enough to work up to the kind of anger that she had worked up to prior to writing it. I thought about how this same friend eschews social media at all costs but cannot put her phone down to stop texting, sometimes even during a quiet, serious conversation when someone wants to be heard.

So I did let it go.
For now. I have a trip planned, and alot of thinking to do, and I think I'd rather address it after I do that thinking.

But this hiatus thing. It intrigues me.
Tune in for more about this.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment