Thursday, July 19, 2012

What I'm Reading

 I promise an honest-to-goodness blog update tonight. I've been scribbling in the Fawn-lark journal right before I go to bed (when my brain wakes up and goes Hey! Here's something!). My handwriting is deplorable when I form these scribbles, so I have to translate them to post them.

But here is a snippet of what I'm reading my Ms. Madeleine L'Engle (Franklin) in this Circle of Quiet book, the first in a trilogy that became whatever they call a four-book series, that I've read in reverse. Not on purpose. Just happened.
My friend A. and I had a discussion about this very thing a couple of days ago.

"My own response to the wild unpredictability of the universe has been to write stories, to play the piano, to read, listen to music, look at paintings - not that the world may become explainable and reasonable but that I may rejoice in the freedom which unaccountability gives us." 

Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet


Also, this amazing new blog I found

http://aninchofgray.blogspot.ca/ and these lines from it:

Until...

Until...

Until you are forced to realize that life is not what you thought it was. That the control you thought you had was an illusion. Until you learn the secret that so few people know or even want to know: that this world, with its joys and its sorrows and its structure and its chaos is really just a sorry imitation of how the world was meant to be.

And you will long for that other world, while still living here in this one. And you realize now that fear is pointless because whatever it is you feared is not what you now face. And all that fear and planning didn't keep tragedy at bay. And you learn to live in this exact moment more than you ever have before because try as you might to grasp it, the past has slipped through your fingers, and the future you face is unrecognizable.

And you continue to keep up your folders and files and the structure of your life, because you find comfort in the rhythm of it. And you will
keep living and loving and never giving up because that is who you are, but you'll have one foot poised waiting for when it is your time to blow this popsicle stand, and when that time comes, you will have no fear.


So yea....that's what's going on. Deep thoughts. My place in the universe. Your place in the universe.

Also, I tried acupuncture for the first time last night. I'm going to write about that, too.

I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment